House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

App: Shadewalker

+3
Fetish
Lilith
RaverZombie
7 posters

Go down

App: Shadewalker Empty App: Shadewalker

Post  RaverZombie Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:11 pm

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Shadewalker@Raverzombie
(Real name: Elizabeth Masters.)

Your Characters Gender:
Female

Your Characters Age:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
11/21/1985.

Your Characters Species:
Human (mostly). More on that below.

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
Pen and paper since I was 12 (AD&D, anyone?). A few MU*'s, a few irc rooms, and plenty of rp in various MMO's (CoX, WoW, even a little in EVE.)

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
CORP, @Manm.

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
I got started in CO about a week ago, and my hunts for RP, even in places like CC, has left me... wanting. Particularly in the area of SG's - I simply don't see Shade fitting in with just about any of them. With the thorns, though, I can fairly easily see her fitting in, given its unique nature among things.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
While I don't see myself as being able to offer much in the way of "plotlines" (I've always preferred a more spontaneous flavor of RP - A leads to B leads to C, potentially within something of a predetermined framework, like with a P&P campaign), I am, among other things, a writer, and my characters' personalities reflect this - in other words, meaningful interactions and stories with a decent bit of wiggle room. I do have a few storylines worked out for Shade, as well - things I'd like to see happen, and I'd like to work into her character, but, lacking a consistent rp group, it simply hasn't happened yet.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Shade was originally training to be a sorceress, and has a goodly amount of arcane book-knowledge under her belt. Metaphysics would have been her specialty, but for a teleportation accident which saw her getting stuck in the void between worlds (In character, she refers to this simply as 'the space between'.) In the course of her escape, she was imbued with the energy latent in that realm, to the point that now her body is somewhat permeated with it; her sight was changed such that rather than a sight based on the light spectrum, her vision is based around energy patterns - heat, electricity, kinetics, and more arcane sources of energy.

This accident, however, also led her to end her magical training - her ability to manipulate the voidstuff, even to offensive effect, seemed to trump her magical training, though recently she's picked her spellworking back up to enhance her ability to control and manipulate the shadowy energies.

Personality-wise, she's a few notable weaknesses. Primarily, there is her tact - while she tends to exhibit some, most of the time, towards those who irritate her, civility basically goes out the window. "Merry christmas and a happy- oh, it's you. Go to hell." would be a typical statement towards someone who irritates her. This can combine with her trend towards being single-minded - if she's trying to get somewhere and achieve something, anyone getting in her way can be regarded as something of an irritating speedbump. If that person is a friend, of course, they tend to get a bit of a pass, but Shade's patience has its limits, and she has something of a memory when it comes to grudges and offenses. She may forgive, but she never forgets. Further, there's her pragmatism - it can lead her down roads that others may find... a tad distasteful. Case in point, her outlook on her usage of zombies as fodder during combat against criminals - she'd rather use temporarily animated undead because throwing the living at her opponents involves the potential for the living folks to be killed, and building robots for the purpose is a bit of a waste when you have perfectly good corpses available.

She's not terribly short on strengths, though - first off would be her sense of loyalty. Once you're her friend, she's liable to jump into the depths of hell for you, and probably laugh her ass off while she does it. While it does have its limits, as anything does, hers tend to be a bit on the extreme ends. She's also got a bit of a sense of a humor - while it does tend a bit towards the dry side (think Lenny from Law and Order), just about anything can be a prompt for a joke, though if it's actually gotten by anyone is a different story. Lastly, there's her insight (And this is something I have yet to bring into Shade's overall rp, just because... well, random RP in CC doesn't lend itself to this sort of thing.) - the process she underwent in her escape from the space between has granted her more than just the ability to see energy patterns; I'm thinking more along the line of delphic oracle than a crystal ball molester.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
I see Shade as sort of an teacher and advisor - while she jokes, and jokes often, she finds it easy to jump into giving someone a bit of a lesson on metaphysics, if not life. Her seer-ly potential, as mentioned above, could also be brought into play as a bit of a plot device, so her in the role of a mystic certainly isn't out of the question.

----

What times do you play?:
Whenever I have time, really. Due to situations being as they are, I have a lot of free time at the moment.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Just about any day, though if there're previous obligations, of course, reality takes precedence.

Cake or Pie?:
Ice cream cake. Two of my favorite things in one!

I have also read the common questions thread.
Thanks for taking time to fill this in!

Last edited by RaverZombie on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Kirk: "One little mistake...")

RaverZombie

Back to top Go down

App: Shadewalker Empty Re: App: Shadewalker

Post  Lilith Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Welcome, Shadewalker. Thanks for submitting an application. Might I kindly suggest reading all the stickied threads here for applicants and information on the House, etc.?
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  RaverZombie Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm

I have, actually. In game atm if you want to poke w/ any questions.

(Oh, and, for the record, no, she doesn't kill the soon-to-be undead. They just come from whereever the undead happen to come from. >.> Should've mentioned that, earlier.)

RaverZombie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:02 pm

RaverZombie wrote:I have, actually. In game atm if you want to poke w/ any questions.

(Oh, and, for the record, no, she doesn't kill the soon-to-be undead. They just come from whereever the undead happen to come from. >.> Should've mentioned that, earlier.)

I will not be in-game until this evening; however, your application tells me you may have missed a teesny bit of one of the stickied threads.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  RaverZombie Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:06 pm

:3 Oops. You're right. Read those but neglected that one minor thing.

Fixed!

RaverZombie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:13 pm

*looks back over the application*

I see nothing amiss. Wink

Thanks!
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetish Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Hey! That one post that I told you about but didn't link to? It's here!

The metaphysics of CO! I think it is required reading for any magical types, or something like that. Smile

http://www.championsonlineroleplayers.com/forum_threads/278856
Fetish
Fetish

Back to top Go down

Post  RaverZombie Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:51 pm

:3 I actually tracked that down about five minutes after you mentioned them to me. (I tend to have my main computer and my netbook active so I can cross-reference things I'm unsure about, when they come up... and keep my other messenger programs active otherwise.)

RaverZombie

Back to top Go down

Post  Senris Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:18 pm

: D Your forum name is so full of win, not even words can describe
Senris
Senris

Back to top Go down

Post  Muddle Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:34 pm

Muddle: I like Miss Liz.. can we keep her?
Muddle
Muddle

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyre Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:02 am

I back Muddle's request Smile

Pyre

Back to top Go down

Post  Skunk Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:43 am

Shadewalker is very sweet and considerate for an ebon sorceress. Mai likes.
Skunk
Skunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:50 am

Approved!

Welcome. Smile
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down