House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions from Applicants

+6
Chemical-Attraction
Duettra
The Machinist
Harbinger
Bielduwyn
Lexi
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Questions from Applicants Empty Questions from Applicants

Post  Lilith Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:26 pm

I wish to offer my greetings to those arriving here into our Foyer. As we renovate and set things right, it may seem a dearth of information is available. Some of this is unavoidable in such times of change, and some is deliberate. Please, though, feel free to ask any and all questions ((OOC and IC)) you may have about the House.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Questions from Applicants Empty Re: Questions from Applicants

Post  Lexi Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:56 pm

(( Hello people, all of the members will be around to try and answer questions related to the Supergroup. Granted i'm already a member, but maybe it's a great idea to get the ball rolling!

So without further ado, Lilith, what's the guilds main theme? ))
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:02 pm

((Basically to form a place (the House) where "mature" Heroes can congregate. We are definitely MRP, and though we are not ERP-centric, we do tolerate it. Characters do not even necessarily have to be into that part of it, but it will be somewhat prevalent. RP is also a main theme, and we like well-developed character concepts, backstories, and interaction. We are here to help open acceptable avenues of exploration while remaining responsible and mature.))
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Random Helpful Person wrote:Even though we may be new to the SG, can we RP that our character was already a member, if we are accepted?

I am so glad you asked this! Yes, we have liberty for people who may wish to RP that their character is not a new member, even though the player obviously is. If you want to do this, please make your RP case in your Application thread, and we can discuss it. Of course, if approved, this will also require sorting out who you might know and what you may know of them (e.g. character ties, relationships, etc.).
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Bielduwyn Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:40 am

((*raises hand* Is there any lore to the House that I should be aware of before posting my application? My character will probably be completely unknowing when she first encounters it, but I'd like to be aware anyway, particularly towards answering what I could see my character doing for the Supergroup. =D))
Bielduwyn
Bielduwyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:52 am

((If you are brand new, there are many options. The House is not a secret organization, but it is one that is, by necessity, discreet. You may have heard whispers and rumors about its nature. There are some who say it has not been around very long, and others who claim it stretches back for hundreds of years. Some even whisper of a mystical nature, while others say it is just a perverted excuse for kinky heroes to get together and validate themselves.

The House has been around for many, many years, and it originated in Europe. It did not begin as a Hero organization, as it was founded by nobility. This is not terribly common knowledge outside the House.

In other words, I would not say there is any "true" Lore that you would or need be aware of before filling out an application. I realize this was a rather elusive answer. If you need more or have something specific in mind, please ask.))
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Random Curious Poster wrote:((So, I understand this is an RP SG. What level of RP do you consider the SG? What are the rules for SG chat?

((Another excellent question! Without laboring catergories of RP, I would say we are very much toward the heavy end of the RP spectrum. We, of course, follow general RP rules by denoting OOC in some fashion, unless the channel/chat is already designated or known as such. We try to RP in /local as much as possible, because being that we are a part of the RP community, we wish to enhance said community by RPing in such a 'public' way. Sometimes, though, due to the nature of our RP and the SG itself, we may RP in more private channels.

As far as SG Chat, it is also generally expected to be IC via a comm device. We 'know' when others are on even if they do not announce themselves. We also have a dedicated OOC channel, though speaking in ((OOC)) in SG Chat is acceptable so long as it does not become the sole form of communication in said channel.))

Last edited by Lilith on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:28 pm

So, my Lady Lilith,

Can you talk at all about some of the basic tenants or 'codes' of the group? I know it's new, but are there any core priniciples a new character should know before writing an application?
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:36 pm

Respect and Trust would be high on our list. We are obviously an "alternative" SG, but as such, we have high demands regarding trust and mutual respect amongst our members. Even though we have an obvious hierarchy (and those who wish to engage in BDSM relationship will have 'tops' and 'bottoms'), we still must respect and trust one another.

In line with this, we highly value Maturity. This does not mean 'no fun', and we certainly have our share of somewhat silly members *glances at Muddle*, but we are all adults and we expect everyone to behave like adults to some degree or another and in certain situations.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:12 am

Hello House of Thorns, I'm kind of struggling to find a way to have my character linked to the group somehow. I want her to know a few members so not all chars are strangers. I'm thinking she might of seen some at this Fetish Fuel place? Are there any helpful suggestions to help me discover a link of some sort?

Thanks!
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  The Machinist Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:23 am

She certainly could have met some at Fetish Fuel. There are plenty of members who transition from just being patrons at the club to being formal members of the House. It's a process, certainly, but it's one she could easily have already gone through.

Likewise if she's out and actively hero'ing there could be links that way. Obviously there are the secret identities and such to consider. But idle chatter while busting bad guys has a way of growing trust between people and the House isn't a complete secret, just a bit on the discreet side. So there's plenty of room to gain a foothold as it where.
The Machinist
The Machinist

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:06 am

Thank you, Machinist. Yes, we fully intend the Fetish Fuel nightclub to be an IC way that characters can link themselves to the House. It will serve as an IC vehicle to bring like-minded people together and see what relationships flower.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Question from a potential member:

So can you tell me more about how you guys RP being Anti-heroes? What's it like being dark and edgy and almost villains?

To answer this I'm going to pull out something I wrote in a brain storming thread a while back:

In the end, some of the most compassionate people I've met have been through the D/s communities I've joined. The only exception has been one group called "Christian Domestic Discipline", and I was only emailing that group for about 3 weeks before I ran in embarassed terror. In the end we're heroes under it all, each with a gift beyond our mortal selves. Either we sought out a means to do justice (such as those that have power armor/ gear) or we realized that is simply our responsiblity due to our gifts ("Uncle Ben, I'll never let you down!").

We've all looked, on some level, into the abyss, and we've seen the evils within. We've learned how to channel it, how to organize it, and how to find people who will consent to let us be who we really are; sexual creatures. The difference is that society at large is too scared of itself to admit it likes to be spanked during sex. Yes, the Harbinger will do a scene with a girl crying out for him to stop. But as The Harbinger he knows she's consented to the scene, she's elected to be there, and she has the power, ulimately with her Safe Word, to end it.

When The Harbinger sees a woman in an alley, held a gun point and told to close her eyes and lower her jeans, he sees a woman who is ~not~ consenting, and man who needs to be brought to justice. And that difference, fills him with righteous rage.

So, why are we heroes? Because we are.

In short we're all still heroes under it all. Good men and women and others who believe that there is no conflict between being sexually liberated and being true heroes and exemplars. Unlike Witchcraft and Defender, we're honest enough to admit we like it dirty.

The Harbinger
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Very good, Harbinger. Nice points.

"dark and edgy and almost villains?"

Dark and edgy? Yes. Almost villains? No.

Our lifestyle may raise eyebrows and cause shivers of judgment and self-righteousness in those of a more puritan or self-conscious bent, but we are not anti-heroes and definitely not villains.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Duettra Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:47 am

Is there a list of Officers and their @ contact names?

Duettra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:19 am

Right now our Officers are:

Lilith@Seleos - Matriarch
Puck@Dark_Sol - Officer/Head Advisor to Lilith
Fetish@manm - Officer (though rarely on of late)
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Just as an update, any and all applicants are really encouraged to ask questions anything at all your curious about, or wonder if such and such a concept will work, or other stuffs! Smile
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Chemical-Attraction Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:38 am

Will we be receiving the titles of possible chat channels to meet up with fellow members? Or is that simply something I've overlooked in the forums? x3
Chemical-Attraction
Chemical-Attraction

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:25 pm

We have chat channels for when you become a member and/or associate of the House. For now, feel free to just look us up via the search function and shoot us some whispers in-game. We make ourselves fairly approachable for RP and OOC discussion.

Our current Officers/Council are:

Lilith@Seleos
Mind Puck@Dark_Sol
Magyk@Animaniac
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Warnolo Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:56 am

((Can players from others supergroups join roleplays of the house of thorns? For the nature of my character i'm interested in this supergroup, but i'm being aproached by someone else.)

Warnolo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:21 pm

Warnolo wrote:((Can players from others supergroups join roleplays of the house of thorns? For the nature of my character i'm interested in this supergroup, but i'm being aproached by someone else.)

Yes, we have relatively 'regular' non-House people who RP with us. We also do not enforce any sort of rule that limits one's involvement solely to House members. There are some aspects to the House (e.g. chat channels, sub-forums here, etc.) that may be mechanically limited to SG members for OOC or IC reasons, but that is really about it.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady_Nightmares Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:29 pm

First want to apologize as the questions may be a bit more specific too my case but maybe it will help others too who knows.

Been looking at rp option in CO for awhile and haven't found a lot. I was directed to try the CORP forms and found my way here as one of the most promising ideas I saw. I've read over the fluff and a few of the club posts to get a feel and I'm pretty excited but I have a few questions and not sure this is the best place to ask.

First is... I have two mains really. Trouble with builds that fit the concepts have slowed leveling and made picking one or the other as a main difficult. Both are really good characters (I like to think anyway) for rp purposes and I play both with fair regularity so time should not be an issue still. I was wondering if one could enroll more than one character? Or if that's kind of frowned on? And should I do one app for each or could I annotate them on the same one?

Second is neither character I'd consider even aware of what the whole BDSM community is. But as a personal interest of mine and because I can see both fitting in well after being indoctrinated perhaps. I just want to ask if there are ways for the uninitiated to find their way further down the rabbit hole? (I'm almost thinking they'd have to have been brought to the club as neither would have known what the rumors meant even if they had heard them so a sponsor/mentor might be needed.)

Lady_Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:46 pm

The CORP site is definitely a good place to find RP in Champions Online.

I am afraid, though, that the House of Thorns is rather non-existent right now. We have a few players that are still out and about, but most (including myself) are not presently playing.

If you are interesting in bdsm/erp, I am sure there are some of the House that still play and would perhaps not mind getting to know your characters. We have had people with multiple characters in the House and we have had people brought "down the rabbit hole" as you put it. Though the uninitiated may not have been the "norm", they were not frowned upon.

I am sorry that we are not as active as we had been in the past, but as I alluded, I am sure there are still like-minded individuals (both in and out of the House) with whom you may find RP to your liking.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady_Nightmares Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:51 pm

My thanks.. I sort of wondered aobut that looking at some of the dates on the forum. But I figured checking woudln't hurt. Do you know if I put the applications up anyway if it might help? I'll look in world to see if I can find some of the group but the supergroup search isn't much help that I've used so far. But thanks for the quick response all the same. Just wish I found the place sooner ^.^

Lady_Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post  katiekristie Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:21 am

I have read the questions and answers and I understand. Thanks Laughing

katiekristie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next