House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Eros (Withdrawn)

4 posters

Go down

Application: Eros (Withdrawn) Empty Application: Eros (Withdrawn)

Post  Eros Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:22 am

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

(I app'd with another character, so much of this is repeated from before.)

Your Characters Name:
Eros@ElJeffe

Your Characters Gender:
Male

Your Characters Age:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:

Your Characters Species:
Human

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
I've been playing RPGs since childhood. DnD, Marvel, Top Secret to GURPS and WoD. I still game once or twice a week around a tabletop the old-fashioned way. Over a decade ago, I stumbled across MuDs and MUSHes and played on them for a bit, before moving to Everquest (Firiona Vie server). My MMO career was almost exclusively on RP servers (when available.) I've also participated is forum and message board storytelling RP groups.

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
CORP forum.
What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
Part of it is the mature roleplay, as most of my characters are in teen groups. The other part is the group camraderie, as I often see several of you questing or just hanging out together.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
I'm a good roleplayer, decent storyteller and have a good fundamental grasp of the game mechanics. I'll try to bring something to any story I participate in or any group I go on missions with.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Eros is a naturally gifted wizard. Born Matthew Rain Walker, he was raised on one of the few thriving hippie communes that survived past the 70's. His father was a war veteran and his mother an artist. As a child, his gift was noticed by a wizard who lived with the commune and he was taught magic from an early age. In his teen years, like most boys, he discovered sex .. unlike most boys, he learned that it strengthened his magic. Reaching adulthood, he felt he had a responsibility to his fellow man. He travelled America, using his magic to aid those he could. Under the moniker "Eros", he registered as a superhero. Eventually, he found himself in MC. His art tells him there is powerful evil at work, so here he will stay until fate calls him on.

Rain is open, honest and unbiased. He has the code of a soldier from his father, yet the free spirit and desire for peace of his mother. He is a die hard friend and a selfless humanitarian. Both his gift and his desires lead him to many lovers. While this strengthens his magic, it also makes him something of a scandalous superhero as he makes no secret of his activities. He doesn't believe he should have to. Conservatives often use him as an example of immoral heroes. No "normal" supergroup would have him, due to this image, so he works indepentantly ... until he meets the members of the House. He seeks a place where he can be himself without backlash and where he can use his talents to help without being questioned about his sex life. He is also young and idealistic and his inexperience can get him in over his head.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
Eros is a grab-bag of usefulness. He can fight as well as most heroes, though he prefers to solve things without violence when possible. Though young, he can advise on arcana. Also, due to his gift, he can channel the energies the club generates (thought there is no sex, the sexual energy has to be intense) and thus provide a large well-spring of arcane power for rituals. (This is mostly an non-game mechanic benefit for roleplay purposes.) Also, from his commune upbringing, he has an eclectic selection of handyman skills.

----

What times do you play?:
Mostly evenings and weekends.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Easier to say what days would be worst. I game on Thu and Sat nights, usually, so either won't be on or will be on late.

Cake or Pie?:
Yes, have some.

I have read and reviewed the FAQ thread thingy.

Last edited by Eros on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eros

Back to top Go down

Application: Eros (Withdrawn) Empty Re: Application: Eros (Withdrawn)

Post  Skunk Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:29 am

Hi Eros.

Interesting and creative character. Smile
So he's both a lover and a fighter? I can't help being currious about how sex influnce his magic powers and how that manifests, when used for the greater good of mankind? Is he able to store such a source of power or is it something that he have to channel directly into use?
I'd imagin his punch line/pick up line would be something like: "Don't do it for me, do it for your your country!"

Best of luck with the application. Smile
Skunk
Skunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Eros Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:29 pm

He stores it. While the other option is interesting from a story perspective, from a game standpoint, I'd prefer to him to be able to use his magic normally. This is just the explanation for how he "powers up" between gameplay. He doesn't even necessarily have to have sex himself, as he can draw on ambient energies. It's just a more direct channel when he does, thus a faster and stronger way to regain power.

Eros

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi there!

Thanks for the new application.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Eros Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:56 am

I finally met a few of you in game. I kept it short, as Eros was just passing through to Caprice, but I wanted to get an initial meeting done so that I have more in-game reason to approach you guys in the future. Thanks to those who were there, especially Fetish for making it easy.

Also, I played a bit with Puck, Mouse and Colosia on one of my alts, Nieninque. Hope the little pixie wasn't too bothersome.

Eros

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind_Puck Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:54 am

Eros wrote:Also, I played a bit with Puck, Mouse and Colosia on one of my alts, Nieninque. Hope the little pixie wasn't too bothersome.

Puck might need to bring Nieninque on payroll full time to remind the other house members how important he is... silent
Mind_Puck
Mind_Puck

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:59 pm

"Dear Eros,

I apologize for the lack of communication of late. House business keeps me well occupied. However, I do still wish to speak with you about your petition to the House. Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Warmest regards,

~Lilith"

============================================================================
((OOC - If you are still interested in pursuing your application, feel free to contact me or any of the Officers in-game:

•Lilith (@Seleos)
•Rosepetal (@APBullet)
•Harbinger (@Storm-Herald)
•Sabbath (@RunRiot)
•Fetish (@manm) ))
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Eros Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:48 pm

I've cancelled my CO subscription. I may or may not return someday, so I thought it best to post.

Eros

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Thank you for letting us know.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down