House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Hexial

5 posters

Go down

Application - Hexial Empty Application - Hexial

Post  Hexalice Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:27 am

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Birth name:Saun Lea Deyah Ka'am
Registered name: Leah Delilah Whitmoore
Super Hero Alias: Hexial

Your Characters Gender:
Female

Your Characters Age:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
7/17/1981

Your Characters Species:
Alien

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
Nearly 15 years online roleplaying experience spanning MUDs, IRC, Second Life and other online games.
Played WoD mix games on IRC and Second Life, favorite character was a zantosa revenant.
I am fairly easy going, but some people find it hard to understand me (please PM for more information on this)
In the past few years have done ERP and MRP.
----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
Originally saw a member of the SG in Club Caprice and thought the name seemed cool then looked up more info on CORP forum and really like the concept.

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
Mature roleplaying where trying to see who has the biggest epeen or sex isn't the top priority.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
Decent damage dealer. A rich background story and highly complex character.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Strengths: quasi immortal alien
Flaws: Mistrust bordering on hatred of most of humanity (IC reason PM for details), Belief in her own superiority however tempered by a odd submissive streak.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
not sure to be honest..

current character bio is located here
----

What times do you play?:
5pm central till whenever

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Sunday past 9pm central.

Cake or Pie?:
why settle for one? why not combine them into a pake or cie.. Pieake?

Thanks for taking time to fill this in!

Last edited by Hexalice on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added DOB)
Hexalice
Hexalice

Back to top Go down

Application - Hexial Empty Re: Application - Hexial

Post  Tanie Burns Rush Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:45 am

Like your app! Hopefully I can get to meet you one night!

Tanie Burns Rush

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:31 am

Thank you for visiting us and submitting an application.

Feel free to look any of us up for in-game meetings. What is your @global?
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexalice Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:52 am

@hexalice
Hexalice
Hexalice

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:56 am

Hexalice wrote:
Flaws: Mistrust bordering on hatred of most of humanity (IC reason PM for details), Belief in her own superiority however tempered by a odd submissive streak.

While I really like your application, and that you also come from Second Life (I spent a lot of time there myself) I really need a lot more information on this front. We are a group made up almost exclusively of humans and at the same time are striving for a certain kind of polite respect even if we disagree on specific issues.

If it's critical it be 'under wrapps' I understand and hope to get a PM shortly, however I'm hoping it's something that you as a player can trust us with. We have a few other characters with IC secrets that we have had to have open talks OOCly about and we're a pretty trust worthy bunch when it comes to IC vs OOC.

I'll also add that my gut says you're looking to have a Dominant keep you in check and make you learn respect/ tolerance and while that can be good RP it makes me a little concerned for that period of growth or when He/She is not around to remind you to play nice.

The Harbinger
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:32 am

I've the same worry as Harb.

Regardless, best of luck with your application! Smile
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:54 pm

I would also like to know more about this flaw.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexalice Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:09 am

though yes the character is sexually submissive, this isn't factored into everyday roleplaying and only is apparrent in private ERP so no worries on that end. Simply means that she will often attacht herself to a leader figure and follow them with total loyalty. It is a matter of intellegence, respect and honor.
example: if someone in authority tells her to do something that seems to her to be silly, dishonorable or not a intelligent action she will most likely object the order and try to compromise, though will respect all leadership. To those authority she has submitted to (non sexually) she assumes that their orders are intelligent and honorable.

Both in character and out of character I try to be polite and respectful to others though IC if someone isn't respect she often tends to think of them as less honorable.

As for distrust of humans, she has had humans betray her too many times recently, mostly because she is a alien. should be noted though this distrust is a bit ironic since her species' roots can be traced back to ancient humans, and isn't a permanent personality trait but rather how she feels at the moment. Right now she choses to take on a alternate appearance as to not look human.

Last edited by Hexalice on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more info)
Hexalice
Hexalice

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexalice Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:51 am

[Thought this might be of some interest, actually typed this out one day partly out of boredom but partly as the first in a series of files for establishing a sorta guideline for the species. this can be considered IC info as it is available through PRIMUS]

to: PRIMUS lingual division; PRIMUS intelligence division
Subject: Initial notes on development of Massarai language translator software.

We haven't been able to devise a proper translator for the Massarai language even though a rough dictionary of massarai to english was provided by ambassador Rajan Bessanti.
The problem is that the language is often full of poetic and metaphorical terms that literal translations are near impossible. below are some examples of such phrases, spelling follow AHD phonetic guidelines.

Prēməōdun
Lit. Wise thought hidden
actual meaning. A important secret, often of state or military nature.

I have noticed that the vowel pronounciation and sentence structure is similar to Japanese, however ambassador Rajan's english translation of the basic Massarai alphabet tends to make the
words look more complex. As with our example above, if spelled according to the Ambassador's reccommendations it would look like Pre'mao'duhn. The apostrophe breaking up the word into its parts. The prefix, root and suffix; Pre, Mao, Duhn. Each of these words has a different definition depending on how it is used. From hereon this report will use the suggested spelling of Ambassador Rajan Bessanti. I will now compare three word and show how the meaning of each changes depending on relation to other words.

Duhn by itself refers to abscence of light. closest english noun would be Dark
Darii by itself refers to a sword or blade. closest english noun would be Sword
Kan by itself refers to a test. Closest english noun would be Test.

Duhn'darii lit. means corrupt weapon but means a weapon used to assassinate someone.
Darii'duhn lit. means weapon shadow however the actual meaning is a concealed weapon.
kan'darii lit. means skilled blade but refers to soldiers or warriors.
kan'duhn'darii lit. means skilled dark weapon and is used to mean assassin
darii'kan'duhn lit blade test hidden yet refers to secret martial training.

Another problem is every word is a possible verb by adding 'a to the end which complicates things even further. For example Kan'a would mean to test. There are no pronouns in the Massarai language nor verb conjugations as well. A native speaker would be able to tell by context these things, however it makes actual translation near impossible.

It would take a fairly advanced AI to be able to accurately translate the language into anything that would make sense to english speakers and while we have such available resources here at Matherson Academy, to make a portable translate of any adaquately portal size (such as the size of a cellphone) is not possible at this time. We can load the software on a laptop that is dedicated to translating the spoke Massarai but would take large storage space for the written language as it has five alphabets.
These alphabet are called
Lower Xhenni, which is very much like hiragana. a phonetic alphabet.
Higher Xhenni, which consists of ideograms. each word has it's own ideogram though word groupings do not have seperate ideograms
Bi'Kem'o'mah'me'iar, Which is similar to Lower Xhenni but more stylized, used only for proper names.
Linear form Which is extremely similar to akkadian cuneform and used for non Massarai words.
Septaform A complex ideogram that is only used for planet, city and region names.

As you can see in the sample paragraph that I sent with this e-mail, it is not unusual for all five to be used at once.

I will send further notes of the progress on the translation program as I am informed. Right now though I am busy going over the physiology of the Massarai which UNTIL as finally deemed to send to me.

Sincerely,
Dr. James Matherson III,
Ph.D., Psy.D., DSSc, LCSW
Chairman and Headmaster of Matherson Academy.
Hexalice
Hexalice

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:43 pm

Hexial,

Your character is indeed a well thought-out, depthful exercise in Roleplay. However after multiple interactions, we just do not feel as though Hexial is a fit for the RP theme and feel of the House.

I am afraid your application has been turned down.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexalice Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:46 pm

really don't understand..
Hexalice
Hexalice

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:12 pm

I am very sorry. We have spoken extensively OOC in effort to aid your understanding. I do not wish to labor such in a public forum.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down