House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Jehuriel

4 posters

Go down

Application: Jehuriel Empty Application: Jehuriel

Post  Jehuriel Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:58 pm

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Jehuriel@BurgerSlave

Your Characters Gender:
Male

Your Characters Age:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
5/1/1977

Your Characters Species:
Nephilim, or half-angel

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
Goodness, where to begin? I can remember playing D&D in the 80s, where anyone who played was accused of Satanism and witchcraft. I even remember when the old Jack Chick tract 'Dark Dungeons' originally came out. So now I'm dating myself, and I'll stop right there before I make myself feel any older. Very Happy

Tabletop gaming has informed the vast majority of my RP experience. I enjoy a large variety of games, some with dots for stats, and some with numbers. A lot of fringe games come to mind, like Fading Suns, In Nomine, and Castle Falkenstein. But I like a lot of mainstream games as well, like D&D4 and Exalted. The game system doesn't determine maturity of play, of course, despite what the more-pretentious-than-thou hipsters in the World of Darkness camp might want you to believe. D&D can be just as gripping and edgy as any Vampire: the Masquerade game session you care to name--it depends on the players and storytellers, after all, and not the shape of the dice you're rolling. Wink

So far as online gaming goes, I've RPed on World of Warcraft for several years, before finally pulling the needle out of my arm and giving it up for good. I got burnt out. The RP crowd I was with was a bunch of quality folks, but our times began to not sync up quite so well. After awhile, I found myself craving more. I dallied briefly with Lord of the Rings Online, but the enchantment faded quickly. But, as I've often said, the only thing better than a hero is a superhero. I lost faith in City of Heroes when Architect came out (and if I ever have to run one more 'meowmeow' map, I swear, there will be vengeance...), but then I got turned on to Champions Online. I figured 'what the hell, forty-five bucks gets me thirty free days. If nothing else, I have an amusing time waster for the next month.' I'm glad to say, I've been very pleasantly surprised. The gamplay, for all the quirks and glitches I've found, is genuinely solid. And I'm starting to see inklings of an equally solid RP community as well--which is what I really look for in any MMO I try.
----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
The CORP forum thread. I noticed Seleos' name at the top, right after seeing her kind welcome on my own introduction thread there. Very Happy

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
The emphasis on maturity. And to me, maturity doesn't just mean taking the pasties off the girl's breasticles (although that can certainly be fun too) or removing the asterisks from profanity. It means depth. Complexity. Shades of gray. Moral melodrama. Our world has no easy answers. We're not perfect. But we don't have to be flawless saints to be heroes. In the end, we do what no others can--or will. Finding a group of like-minded folks to explore these sorts of themes appeals to me quite a lot.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
Jehuriel himself is a private investigator. He's also the son of an angel, one of the Thrones, to be precise: that chorus of angels tasked with bringing God's justice to Man--real justice, derived from right and wrong, not the bullshit spewed by Christ's fan club here on Earth. As an occult investigator, he could easily be the eyes and ears of the House, seeking out information and backing their play when they decide to move. Being able to manifest sanctified weaponry from the ether can't hurt either. Very Happy

The player likes to laughingly refer to himself as an 'artist'. My technique is largely self-taught, but I like to think I've moved past the stick-figure phase. Anyone who's interested can take a gander at my deviantArt gallery here.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Jehuriel is half angel, but he's also half human. He loves and he hates. He believes and he doubts. He wants to protect the innocent as deeply as he craves to punish the guilty. He is idealistic, and firmly believes that the world can be made better than it is now, if people will only stand up and do what is right. He is outspoken and vociferous, and thoroughly loves being a hero--and if that means he gets denounced by the Religious Reich because he believes a penniless prostitute on a streetcorner in Westside is just as deserving of protection as a wealthy evangelist, then so be it. He is unflinching in his crusade to stand against the wicked and craven, and will not compromise his ideals for anything.

In the end, he favors his human side: that part of him more like God than any other creature in all the worlds of the universe--even his angelic father. He will not judge you because of your sexual practices. He will not judge you because you worship God by a name he doesn't understand. He will judge you because you have done something truly evil. Something harmful. In this, he upholds what Wiccans like myself know as the Wiccan Rede: as it harms none, do as thou wilt.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
I could see Jehuriel joining the House to fall in with a group of like-minded heroes. People who, like himself, are not ashamed of who and what they are, and do the right thing even if they're a bit rough around the edges. As I stated above, he would do well as an investigator for the House and its members--a literal eye in the sky over Millennium City and other places of contention.

----

What times do you play?:
I tend to be a night owl, and am online in the evenings through the late night in the Central time zone.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Wednesday and Sunday are my most reliable nights off from work, but I can be found pretty much any night of the week.

Cake or Pie?:
Hmm... I can't turn down a good chocolate bourbon pecan pie. Delish. Very Happy

Thanks for taking time out to read over the application. I look forward to hearing from you all in the very near future. Very Happy

Jehuriel

Back to top Go down

Application: Jehuriel Empty Re: Application: Jehuriel

Post  Lexi Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Nice application Jehuriel

Best of luck with the app! We've been really busy with applications at the moment, but shouldn't take all that long to come to a decision! Hopefully will catch you ingame at some point to Roleplay. Smile
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi there, Jehuriel!

Thanks for paying us a visit and submitting an application.

Feel free to friend our officers and look us up in game to get the RP going. We'll also need to conduct an in-game Interview.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:00 am

Because I'm the type to really push this angle, I just wanted to drop a quick note to confirm that in all of your zeal you do hold to the 'right' side of the law. That does mean that villains escape justice, get paroled and get state mandated second chances, or other such unfortunates, but as heroes of the city we are bound by the laws we uphold.

I got some mixed signals on that front from your app so a quick confirmation seemed in order.
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down