House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shayla's application

+2
Lilith
Shayla
6 posters

Go down

Shayla's application Empty Shayla's application

Post  Shayla Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:24 pm

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Shayla@asrialia

Your Characters Gender:
Female

Your Characters Age:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
4-17-1986 23 years old

Your Characters Species:
Metahuman

Your Personal Role play Experience:
Starting from about 18ish years old I have been involved in Rp in one fashion or another. I started out in pen and paper groups, playing Hunter the Reckoning (great game!). I alternated both as a player and the storyteller in that game, and enjoyed that role immensely. I Started playing World of Warcraft at about the same time, and spent a lot of time in that game Role playing as well, it was a great experience all around! Time passed and I made my way over to champions online, as I am at heart a lover of comic book heroes! I am also an avid writer and love to develop characters both through person to person role playing, as well as through stories. I just love watching characters grow, and seeing where they go with their stories!

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
Well I first heard about you guys from the C.O.R.P boards, and a close friend of mine Tisiphone mentioned they had a friend in the guild, and had said great things

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
Well two things really
1. I really enjoyed the people I have met so far, they have all be very warm and friendly, and thats a very big thing for me, draws me in a whole lot!
2. The ability to tell a more mature story, which can lead to in my opinion a much more believable and enjoyable character to both play and interact with

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
I am a very active player, that loves not only general role playing Like we did last night, but also helping people in a support role in growing their characters up to where they feel they should be! I hope to be a good player to interact with a and can become a good person to help along stories and scenes

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
(Gonna through up a quick background and then go into traits and flaws.. Figure its a good way to get a general handle on Shayla!)

Shayla Marie Hall was an athlete from a young age, and got into snowboarding when she was a young teenager. In her late teens she began touring with the X-Games tour, and was even considering taking the trials on for the Olympic team. Things were pretty good for her, she even had a steady relationship with someone who she thought she may end up marrying. However, it was not to last, She found some rather odd things on his laptop one day, something about using the tour to smuggle some kind of chemical around to groups around the world. She was startled and did not if it was real or a joke.. So she decided to confront him on their trip together that weekend up in Alaska.

She had arrived before him and decided to take a few runs down the trails there, one of which required her to be choppered in. As she was half way down her run the straps on her board snapped and she took a nasty fall breaking her ankle, as she lay there she noticed the straps on her board had been cut so they would tear easily... Shayla, after a bit began to hobble down the mountain, to what she hoped would be a waiting vehicle, however when she got down, she found only a note hammered to a tree "you should have not looked"

With a grim determination she began to try to walk out, it was very slow going, the cold was horrible and getting worse as a blizzard began to blow in. she began to succumb to the cold, slowly at first, until she was laying down in the snow ready to give up, as she fell into a cold induced sleep. When she woke, the first of her powers had begun to express themselves... Her skin was covered in a thin layer of ice, her ankle did not hurt as much anymore, and the cold was not so cold anymore. her trek took her several more weeks to make it out, and on the way she made up her mind, that being carefree was no longer what her life was going to be about. People like the one that left her to die on the mountain needed to be brought to justice, and she was going make that the focus of her existence now.

Shayla's flaws
She can be impulsive at times, comes from being an old adrenaline junkie. (can lead to her both taking risks in chasing villains, and to some rather wacky mistakes on her part)
She can have a temper at times, certain things set her off, certain types of criminals and criminal acts
(she despises those that prey on people who are helpless)
If she is really focused in on a task she can get tunnel vision to the rest of the world and only see the task at hand

Shayla's Strengths
She would move heaven and earth to help her friends
She is very warm personality wise, and loves to make people laugh, big on practical jokes to get the giggles going!
very good listener

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
well I kinda see a couple of things

1. Artist - Shayla never went and partied when the rest of the tour did she worked on her art, her drawing and painting. she would be happy to share that with the house, in any fashion that was asked
2. Her Powers would gladly be lent towards the house's Super group!

As for leadership or planning, they may develop in her as time goes bye we shall see !

----

What times do you play?:
All times are EST
(day time hours may be subject to change based on teaching needs)
Mon 3-11
Tues 3-11
wed 3-11
Thur (most of the time) all day
Fri all day
sat all day
sun all day
What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Any of the above really, to be honest

Cake or Pie?:
Brownies with ice cream piled on top and warm chocolate sauce!

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

P.S. I have reviewed the common questions thread

Shayla

Back to top Go down

Shayla's application Empty Re: Shayla's application

Post  Lilith Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Hey there, Shayla. Was nice RPing with you in Carpice.

Thanks for dropping in and submitting an application!
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Shayla Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:52 pm

Was Really nice Rping with you guys as well!

If you have any questions feel free to fire them off!

Shayla

Shayla

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanie Burns Rush Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:17 am

Enjoyed meeting you tonight

Tanie Burns Rush

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:48 am

Hey there Shyla Smile

Best of luck with your app, your char sounds interesting.
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimochi Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:31 am

Love the app, and it's been great fun RPing with you these past couple of nights!

Good luck! ^_^
Kimochi
Kimochi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellenoire Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:44 am

Since everyone's so positive i'll have to put up a negative remark just to make it all neutral choosing again.

...... can't think of one. Laughing I liked seeing you there. it was fun.
Ellenoire
Ellenoire

Back to top Go down

Post  Shayla Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Guys.. that holiday banner... made me spit up coffee on my desk I laughed so hard

Shayla

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Shayla wrote:Guys.. that holiday banner... made me spit up coffee on my desk I laughed so hard

Very Happy
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Shayla Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:42 pm

and total agreement with Tisiphone, hats off for that excellent scene by the hospital yesterday! A true pleasure to watch!

Shayla

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:04 pm

Approved.

Welome to the House.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content