House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Eric De Sade (Withdrawn)

5 posters

Go down

Application - Eric De Sade (Withdrawn) Empty Application - Eric De Sade (Withdrawn)

Post  Eros Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:53 am

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Eric De Sade@ElJeffe

Your Characters Gender:
Male

Your Characters Age:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:

Your Characters Species:
Human

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
I've been playing RPGs since childhood. DnD, Marvel, Top Secret to GURPS and WoD. I still game once or twice a week around a tabletop the old-fashioned way. Over a decade ago, I stumbled across MuDs and MUSHes and played on them for a bit, before moving to Everquest (Firiona Vie server). My MMO career was almost exclusively on RP servers (when available.) I've also participated is forum and message board storytelling RP groups.

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
CORP forum.
What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
Part of it is the mature roleplay, as most of my characters are in teen groups. The other part is the group camraderie, as I often see several of you questing or just hanging out together.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
I'm a good roleplayer, decent storyteller and have a good fundamental grasp of the game mechanics. I'll try to bring something to any story I participate in or any group I go on missions with.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Eric was a jaded youth from a wealthy blue-blood family. Disowned at adulthood, he changed his name to Eric De Sade and toured the world with a cult of friends seeking increasing thrills and decadent experiences. His only constant was Juliette, his soulmate, whose passions equaled and sometimes surpassed his own. Along the way, he learned that he had a gift for magic and used it as he did everything else, for fun and pleasure. Their journey eventually took them too far, to a long forgotten netherworld where Eric was given the choice of becoming one of its demons or spending eternity as a victim. The choice would have cost Juliette her life, so he refused and was cast into darkness.

Somehow, he escaped. Eric doesn't remember most of the details. As far as he knows, Juliette is still there, suffering. Using his arcane skill, Eric joined the superhero community. Primarily, he hunts magical threats, demons and cultists, but will stop most criminal acts he witnesses. He hopes to find clues to lead him back to that netherworld where he can find Juliette and free her. Despite his name and his youthful immorality, Eric has developed a moral code the hard way. He doesn't want anyone else to have to go through what he's been through.

As to the actual question: Eric is strong-willed, very aggressive and dominant. His weakness is his obsession with finding Juliette and what he might do to free her. His guilt haunts him. His past also sometimes haunts him too, as once he returned to the limelight, the tabloids and scandalsheets ran wild with stories. He is a skilled arcanist. From his time in hell, he has a tolerance for pain that is unbelievable at times.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
As above, Eric is skilled in magic. Even more, he is obsessed with planar lore and nether realms and is quickly becoming a scholar in that area. He has also secretly re-established connections with some of his old friends, those who didn't become criminals or die, and a few of them have become useful contacts in business, politics or law.

----

What times do you play?:
Mostly evenings and weekends.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Easier to say what days would be worst. I game on Thu and Sat nights, usually, so either won't be on or will be on late.

Cake or Pie?:
Yes, have some.

I have read and reviewed the FAQ thread thingy.

Last edited by EricDeSade on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Eros

Back to top Go down

Application - Eric De Sade (Withdrawn) Empty Re: Application - Eric De Sade (Withdrawn)

Post  Lilith Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:23 am

Thanks for dropping by Eric, and thanks for the application.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Application - Eric De Sade (Withdrawn) Empty Re: Application - Eric De Sade (Withdrawn)

Post  Rosepetal Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:58 am

Just a wild, wild guess here. Are you the same ElJeffe as from the Enworld forum DND RP site?

Either way, thanks for your app Smile
Rosepetal
Rosepetal
Lady of the Inner Circle

Back to top Go down

Post  Eros Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:05 pm

I do have an account at EnWorld, but I don't think I've ever posted there, so it's probably someone else. My handle there is eljeffex.

Eros

Back to top Go down

Post  Eros Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:15 pm

I realize that most of you need the chance to get to know me and my character, so I will try to meet up with some of you when I see the opportunity. Caprice seems most likely. If you see me on, feel free to give me a shout.

Eros

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:24 pm

EricDeSade wrote:I realize that most of you need the chance to get to know me and my character, so I will try to meet up with some of you when I see the opportunity. Caprice seems most likely. If you see me on, feel free to give me a shout.

Yes, this helps. Looking for us is quite acceptable. As you may notice, we are a bit overwhelmed with applicants, and I know I am very busy in-game, so just find a way to join in if you do not hear from one of us. We are very approachable.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Eros Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Is there an in-game location that represents the club? I sometimes see that you guys are all on in the same instance in the Ren Center, so I was wondering if there is a location there that you congregate at?

I was hoping for Eric to have a past with the club. The social elite would have known of him, simply because of his family (blue-blood American aristocracy types.) His being disowned was a news-worthy scandal, as was many of his escapades. When he was leading his little cult of decadent youths, he could have easily passed through Detroit and they would definately have found a club like this a fun stopover. However, they were not an SSC group (at the time Eric was trying to actually emulate De Sade in many ways) and would have been kicked out/asked to leave and not return. This would have been about six or seven years ago. From combination of his contacts and the general rumor-mill, he was have an idea of the House behind the Club, but was never invited or even had his suspicions confirmed. About 4-5 years ago, he disappeared. The rumor mills and tabloids wondered where he was, but after a year or so passed, he was old news and mostly forgotten until his recent return.

After his trip to hell and his change of focus, Eric has seen what a no-limits attitude brings, he is back in Detroit looking for two things. One is help. Mostly in this area he just wants knowledge, but if he figures out which hell they were in and how to return there, he will need help to get there (or so he believes.) He needs to learned what happened to him during the period he can't remember.

The other is simply a place to belong. He is an outcast from his society, both mundane and super. While he isn't aware of it, he is really looking for friends.

If all of this is okay, I'd post an RP story in the Club Floor area set six or seven years ago, detailing his original visit and subsequent expulsion. I'd like to know who would have been around back then. It would be a semi-open story, if any of those players would enjoy posting what their characters were doing around that time and if they were directly involved. A little later, I'd post a story of his recent returning to the club and see where that goes. At that point, I'll make a concerted effort to hook up with you in game as then it would make sense for Eric to be running around with you guys.

I also should note that Eric is not a villain. He did illegal things in the past, but most of that was only ever rumor and the few investigations were dropped or turned up nothing. Most of the bad stuff he did was later and either out of country, or out of plane for the worst of it. He has reformed. Through his misfortunes and loss, he has learned what a life without limits will bring. He is meant to be a dark, edgy character who is haunted by his past, but he is a hero and strives to make up for what he's done and make sure no one else has to find out the hard way.

Eros

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

I am willing to discuss this with you, Eric. I presume you would have been of age (though the age of admittance for Fetish Fuel would probably be 21+), so are you saying your 'behavior' gets you thrown out?

Also, depending on how badly you acted, you are RPing yourself into a tight corner for ever being accepted.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:47 pm

I was hoping for Eric to have a past with the club. The social elite would have known of him, simply because of his family (blue-blood American aristocracy types.) His being disowned was a news-worthy scandal, as was many of his escapades. When he was leading his little cult of decadent youths, he could have easily passed through Detroit and they would definately have found a club like this a fun stopover. However, they were not an SSC group (at the time Eric was trying to actually emulate De Sade in many ways) and would have been kicked out/asked to leave and not return. This would have been about six or seven years ago. From combination of his contacts and the general rumor-mill, he was have an idea of the House behind the Club, but was never invited or even had his suspicions confirmed. About 4-5 years ago, he disappeared. The rumor mills and tabloids wondered where he was, but after a year or so passed, he was old news and mostly forgotten until his recent return.

Also, depending on how badly you acted, you are RPing yourself into a tight corner for ever being accepted.

Would IC background checks find this information?
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:14 pm

EricDeSade wrote:
If all of this is okay, I'd post an RP story in the Club Floor area set six or seven years ago, detailing his original visit and subsequent expulsion. I'd like to know who would have been around back then. It would be a semi-open story, if any of those players would enjoy posting what their characters were doing around that time and if they were directly involved. A little later, I'd post a story of his recent returning to the club and see where that goes. At that point, I'll make a concerted effort to hook up with you in game as then it would make sense for Eric to be running around with you guys.

Eric, this is an admirable effort but I should warn you that IC'ly the house has a very very very long memory. If someone was removed once, then why would we take the risks associated with giving them a second chance. A submissive accidently strangled in a scene does not get a do-over. Someone with scars from a whipping gone awry does not get to rewind. A man who shows he cannot be trusted, rarely, is given a chance to betray that trust again.

That said, this ~could~ turn into an interesting RP but there are three things you be prepared for:
a) That some members of this group will never accept you despite the new RP. If the "old RP" goes the wrong way then you will ~never~ be admitted to the SG as it stands.
b) If the new RP goes the wrong way you may, again, not be offered an invitation to rejoin. If you are it could take weeks of RP to get to the point where you should be RPing an official application again.
c) Regardless of the RP that plays out, some members will, even if you are accepted, still not trust you, and still keep you marginalized. Meaning you will remain a loner within our group. And to add to that, as an officer I have to consider what it will mean for the group, at large, to have a dedicated loner in our midst and how it will effect the group dynamic.

I want to be sure you have these points to consider. I will confess, that I find your proposal interseting but like many things I want to be sure all the possible consequences are known before beginning. Risk Aware Consentual Kink and all that.

Harbinger
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Eros Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:39 pm

Lilith wrote:I am willing to discuss this with you, Eric. I presume you would have been of age (though the age of admittance for Fetish Fuel would probably be 21+), so are you saying your 'behavior' gets you thrown out?

I was picturing him about 20 at the time, but we can easily make that 21. His behavior was definately not monstrous at the time, but would have been against club policies. It might not have even been him specifically. There were about a dozen members in his circle that travelled with him and any of them might have done something improper. At the time, Eric would have defended them, made a scene (he was arrogant) and left. As for what it was, it could have been a pair of them (or more) having sex in the club somewhere, or someone doing drugs (ecstasy or coke most likely).

As a character, Eric is still in a state of flux. I'm trying to come up with something interesting, yet I do not want to alienate him (or myself for that matter) from the group. Any suggestions as to what could have happened that would get him kicked out, but still allow a chance to come back a few years later, would be appreciated.

Eros

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:27 pm

Okay, well, if you want the run-in with getting thrown out yet still have it be a minimal transgression, perhaps engaging in sex would do it. Since the club has to obey strict laws, the actual act of sex if prohibited.

We would, of course, enforce such a law because we -have- to. Drug use, however, would be a bit more of a stickler, though, in my opinion, still well worthy of overcoming.

It would also still allow us to RP your having to work your way back into our good graces, so to speak.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Eros Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:17 am

I'll talk with you online a bit about this. I'll send you a tell in game and when you have a moment, we can discuss it. I'll try to be on tonight, RL permitting.

Eros

Back to top Go down

Post  Eros Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:10 am

I wasn't able to catch you last night. I have decided to withdraw this character's application. While I like the idea, I don't believe I have the time or dedication necessary at the moment to do it fully. Instead, I will be using a rename token on the character and post an application with a different background, something a little simpler and without the negative roleplay possibilities.

Somewhere down the road, if I find I have the time, and once I have felt the group out and you guys have done the same with me, then I might consider re-visiting Eric and his story.

Eros

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:51 am

Okay. We'll look forward to the new app.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down