House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: The Machinist

3 posters

Go down

Application: The Machinist Empty Application: The Machinist

Post  The Machinist Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:56 pm

A. General Information
Declaration: I, player of the character named below and any alts that may subsequently join the House of Thorns, Hereby certify that I am over the age of 18

Character Name: Alejandro Crucifer, also known as The Machinist
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 31

B. Your Application:

1. Where did you hear about the House of Thorns?

Via a thread on the CORP forum initially.

2. Why do you wish to join us?

The concept is of interest to me. It's an avenue of role play which I have touched upon in the past, and which has subsequently been rewarding. Currently the various avenues of characters I'm persuing within the game would not be fitting for this sort of thing.

From reading the thread I have also seen that the players and the ideas being put forward are of excellent quality and well thought out, which to me is an essential part of making a venture such as this successful. I've also had the opportunity to engage with some of the current members and have had nothing but good times when doing so.

3. In what ways do you see yourself contributing to the House of The Rose and helping the guild become a Success?

I'm a mature role player who is open to pretty much anything as long as it makes for a good story. In that way I feel like I could certainly help foster some excellent role play amongst the group. From an outside view I'm a polite and conscientious player who generally gets along with people, and so I feel I could certainly put up a good representation to those outside the group, since the very topic and nature is sure to bring those looking to bring conflict or those who simply misunderstand the intent.

4. In Playing Champions Online, what do you see as your priorty?

The priority is to have fun. Whether a person's thing is making a myriad of alts and just chatting people up or power leveling characters to the top it should always be about what you enjoy. I find that an MMO is greatly enhanced by being part of a cool community, and as a role player, engaging in RP with them. While I certainly enjoy engaging in the mechanics of the game play, having that community and those friends is a boon when you need to take a break from the "game" itself or when the evolution is such that you're not as engaged by it as you used to be.

5. What can you say about your character, in short? Why would your character fit the House of Thorns?

I have been thinking about The Machinist as being a legacy member of sorts. Not someone who's family tree has a founder of the House or anything, but as someone who's come from generations of members. I was also thinking of what services he provides to the House as being somewhat of a legacy position as well.

Alejandro is a craftsman and to some extent an artist. He learned a lot of his classical skills from his father, who in turn was taught, etc, etc. A basic Apprentice and Master relationship as is still common in a lot of trades. Various members of his family have been providing for the House's unique needs for specialty equipment, furniture, and tools for several generations. This has ensured that whatever member's imaginations could come up with could be fulfilled easily, and more importantly, discreetly. Though it's a simple matter in these modern times to search someone out on the internet to fulfill this need, that has not always been the case.

From a character standpoint this gives Alejandro a deep loyalty to the House. It's something that in some capacity he has been exposed to all his life, and growing up to include it as part of his adult life when he came of age was a natural process. As such this has shaped his viewpoints and his lifestyle to be one which easily fits within the schema of the House.

On the Hero front, I imagine his father/grandfather (depending on when exactly the House started branching out) provided some of the first gadgets and other crime fighting equipment back when members of the House began turning to that avenue for a bit more adventure and fun outside of their usual past times. This gives him the outlook of a Legacy Hero. (Something I don't often peruse but which I am interested in exploring.) He has trained and worked to step into this sort of a role as it was expected and anticipated of him.

______

I am certainly making some presumptions, but I'm open to further development and changes. My goal is to have a character who will fit into and help contribute to the group. Good stories and good times will naturally follow if that goal is met, no matter what the character finally looks like in the end.
The Machinist
The Machinist

Back to top Go down

Application: The Machinist Empty Re: Application: The Machinist

Post  Lilith Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Oh, this is great. I love it! I also love the IC angle for your character and his previous generations being involved with the House.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  The Machinist Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Excellent. I will work on getting the formal, err, form, filled out for the Residents section.
The Machinist
The Machinist

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Welcome to the guild Machinist!

Love your application. Smile
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down