House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Pyre

+4
Tisiphone
Lexi
Shayla
Pyre
8 posters

Go down

Application: Pyre Empty Application: Pyre

Post  Pyre Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:16 am

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
(Merilla Beaufonte aka Pyre, @Dawn_Raven

Your Characters Gender:
(female)

Your Characters Age:
(22)

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
(1/16/1987)

Your Characters Species:
Human-Mutation

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
A summer with WoW, a few years of Play-by-post and chat rooms, and then about four months of CoX

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
I saw the postings up on CORP, and found it interesting. I had not planned to bring any of my characters into it until two friends applied.

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
I'd like to meet more players that I can RP with. The rules of the guilds are insanely instructional to anyone who knows the field, has been to the right kind of clubs, or been deeply involved IRL. Asking for SSC is amazing, and I love that a lot. A few others I know have applied/are already in it. I met RunRiot on Ego Trip, and also Runicism and ElJeffe on their teenaged characters. And of course Vesik & Asrillia are the two who have led me to the guild.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
Pyre isn't anything special mechanically wise but she will have a fair number of heals for later instances. In Halcyon Academy, my other SG, I've been very active with promoting events and trying to encourage inter-group RP with other groups, such as our Outreach program. Unfortunately, the leaders there are losing touch with the players and the game. If it comes to it, I would like to make HoT a new home and offer the same service, support and dedication I have to HA.

I suppose Icly, Pyre can also provide tattoos.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Pyre's outer attitude is a lot like her powers (or my interpretation of fire anyway ^^). She's abrasive, fun-loving and spontaneous. Her and her sister, Metallique, spend time bantering back and forth. She tends to harass her younger sister, and also teases others. Her teasing is light for the most part, except on her sister, and with it, I try to bring some fun into most situations unless more dire drama/circumstances make it inappropriate. She's incredibly protective of her family and friends, not to the point of..idiocy at all, but she will stand by those she feels has earned her love and respect. Hm..I think that includes

Flaws: Her biggest one is her spontaneity. Merilla doesn't plan much ahead of time. She'll run into situations for the fun or thrill of it. Moving to Millenium was a split second decision she made based purely on the fact that she saw people fighting aliens. Her hero experience up till then had been exclusively small-time gangs, she wants to help out in something bigger.

Pyre has the ability to control heat, or at least increase it and to additionally form flames. I suppose a little background should be included here also. Merilla and Sophie are both from..an as yet undisclosed (or agreed upon) small town. While 10 & 6 respectively, the two were on for a ride-along with their father. Their dad was sheriff to the town and was investigating a truck accident. The vehicle had spilled odd chemicals across the side of the roadway. The chemicals were designed to bring out latent mutant genes and while their father had none, each child did. It was starting then that Pyre's powers began to manifest slowly. At first it was just lighting the gas stove with snaps. This grew into stronger occurrences until Merilla turned 14 and burnt down her bed and most of the furniture in the room. The house was saved, but her parents were more than warned by it. From there Pyre slowly learned and practiced so nothing like that would happen again.

Merilla hung out with a bad crowd for a few years until an incident occurred between a boyfriend and her father. Her dad ended up in the hospital with a minor gun wound. Pyre went on a rampage, bringing the whole group in to the police. The only person to find out was her sister. Ever since, Merilla's been helping out the town by bringing in known criminals and trying to help provide evidence for their arrests that would be allowed in court.

The pair of sisters came to Millenium for a comic-con for the younger one, Sophie. Merilla fell in love with the place and obtained a job at a tattoo parlour. She met Shayla who offered an apartment flat to the two of them, which they've been living at since...with Merilla paying a special kind of rent after asking Shayla to collar her.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
I try to be a very social player. I feel it is the responsibility, at least in part, for some of the players to 1) support the SG leaders in decisions, 2) make suggestions and 3) do their best to make new members, and non-members feel included in RP stories. So far Pyre & her sister have one planned out for the future that I hope to be able to involve a few others in.

Edit add: I'd like to add that Pyre will take part in scenes, but only if Shayla or Tisiphone is present. Its very important to both the concept, and myself OOC, because of the trust I've put into those two players as my friends.

----

What times do you play?:
This is hard. I do play Friday and Saturday for a lot, but my work hours change weekly. I can never play on Monday – Thursday nights except for a few hours after 9 Central. I play off and on during the weekdays when I have time before class. I'm also a graduate student so my schedule will change ever semester.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Easily Friday-Saturday most of the day except for homework/breaks/shopping/etc, Wednesday morning/afternoon, and most sunday mornings and afternoons. Pyre is becoming my new main character for RP and general play. Fire is fantastic to play.

Cake or Pie?:
Pie, you can make it with fruits so it at least feels healthy..

P.S. I have reviewed the common questions thread

Pyre

Back to top Go down

Application: Pyre Empty Re: Application: Pyre

Post  Shayla Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:44 am

I know her been rping with her for a few months now wonderful person to have around. great friend fully vouch for her in every respect

Shayla

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Like the sound of your character Raven.

Also like the fact that you have set up events in the past such as the HA Rave I so wanted in on, but my char Smiley was too old! Very Happy

Event - http://championsonlineroleplayers.com/forum_threads/313713
And other char - http://www.primusdatabase.com/index.php?title=Powersurge

I post these just so other people can have a looksie!

Best of luck with your app 'Dawn!
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Tisiphone Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:43 pm

I have also been playing with Raven almost since the beginning of my time in CO. She is a very awesome player, that is willing to help and contribute in any way she can. She has helped make many events happen, and is very creative, fun, and positive.

Tisiphone
Miss iPhone to certain flaming shot drinking people.

Tisiphone

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanie Burns Rush Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:52 pm

XD hehehe

your character does sound interesting. hope to see your app go through sucessfully

and miss iPhone feel free to shimmy up into the chat box

Tanie Burns Rush

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Thanks for dropping in and providing an application.

You already know us, so let's keep up that fun RP. Very Happy
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyre Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:03 pm

Squee! Thankyou for the positive replies everyone ^^

Pyre

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyre Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Haven't been able to play much at nights this week, and it won't change this weekend. Three final papers and a final study are due mon-Wed next week.

Pyre

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Approved!

Welcome to the House.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyre Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:11 pm