House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Iris Eidolon

4 posters

Go down

Application - Iris Eidolon Empty Application - Iris Eidolon

Post  OurLilSecret Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:17 am

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Iris Eidolon@ourlilsecret

Your Characters Gender:
Intersex, identifies as female

Your Characters Age:
Uncertain; estimated anywhere from hundreds to thousands of years.

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:

Your Characters Species:
Dashanu’Eravos (correct pronunciation not possible with human physiology)

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
I’m comparably new to roleplaying. I actually got my start with a friend on AIM, back in 2001 or so, but didn’t revisit the activity again until back in 2010, in CO. Come less than a year later, a friend pulled me over to City of Heroes and I discovered its hidden beauty. There I remained for most of the time, taking a few weeks to try RP in Guild Wars 2, until NC$oft’s choices in CoX’s regard… Sooo… Here I am, in CO again.

Roleplay styles have hit a rather full spectrum along that time- casual, structured, mature, romantic and erotic, structured events, etc… Made some friends, made some enemies… All with intention of good, not-always-clean fun.

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
House of Thorns became a point of brief discussion between Iris and Suha, sprung from mention of how Iris finds humans to be generally prudish and in denial of some of their basic instincts.

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
The prevailing theme of maturity- both of the concepts present as well as it being required of those in the group. Just reading the rules of conduct while registering made me smile (i can haz txtspeek plz?????). I’ve always enjoyed the aesthetics associated with the BDSM culture, and I’m thinking RP with the House will be a fun way to explore deeper aspects of it while also developing a character and forging new bonds between her and others. While I've become versed in the art of quickly derailing drama-trains, I much prefer to avoid them entirely. So far I've bumped into a small handful of HoT members, and they all seem level-headed...

Except that Keymonk person. I'm keeping my eye on you! Shocked

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
While I’d love to say I can do art for HoT and its members, I regret to say that’s not a skill of mine. I’ll be happy to help with more tangible aspects of the game (e.g.: leveling, build planning), or helping organize events, if it’s ever an option. And I’m always glad to critique costumes! Otherwise, I’ll be happy as just another, warm body in the group’s pool of RPers.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Nearly twelve feet tall and half a ton in weight, bearing purple skin, white hair, and three; ominous emerald eyes, Iris is clearly not a “native” inhabitant of the planet.
A being wrought of flesh and magic, she is a member of a species from beyond the solar system- a loose caste system, based upon the predisposition of magic each individual is born with. Iris’ particular ‘magical predisposition’ makes her somewhat equivalent to a magical blackhole- able to both actively and passively absorb the broad spectrum of magical energies
She seemed to appear out of thin air some years back. There is plenty of skepticism of Iris true origin, as well as her claim of peaceful intentions- the truth, despite what skeptics may believe.

Strengths:
* Extreme resilience against magical effects
* Utilizes absorbed magics for her personal use (offensive, defensive, regeneration…)
* High pain tolerance and resilience against physical injury
* Great physical attributes; agility, strength and stamina
* Greatly heightened senses, including magic sensory
* High offensive potential with physical and magical attacks
* Large stature; intimidation factor

Flaws:
* Extreme magic resilience results in beneficial magics being greatly reduced or negated entirely
* Can starve if unable to feed on magical forces or artifacts
* Large stature; difficulty accessing certain places
* Low regard for humans compared to herself and her own kind; possible to underestimate opponents
* Unable to use her vast magic reserves for many refined magics (elemental, teleportation, warding and healing, etc…)
* Easily- and often- mistaken for a demon, leading to the occasional mage trying to bind, control, or banish her (Iris’ tendency to find such misinterpretations amusing makes her less willing to correct them, most of the time)

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
Any position Iris can fit into… So to speak.

----

What times do you play?:
Short answer is, it varies. Lately I’ve been on around the typical daylight hours and evenings of west coast US, but that tends to wind up the complete opposite after about a month. It all depends on when I’ll find a friggin’ job, too.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Any, as far as I can see. More likely to be around when other members are up to something, of course.

Cake or Pie?:
Any shortbread cookies in stock? They'd go well with my tea.

*I have reviewed the common questions thread!

OurLilSecret

Back to top Go down

Application - Iris Eidolon Empty Re: Application - Iris Eidolon

Post  Lexi Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Hello Iris, thanks for the app.

Low regard for humans compared to herself and her own kind; possible to underestimate opponents

To what degree would she dislike Humans? Would she dislike those that are in the group automatically?
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Thanks for the application, Iris.

I am also curious as to the answer to Lexi's question.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  OurLilSecret Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Lexi wrote:To what degree would she dislike Humans? Would she dislike those that are in the group automatically?

Inherently, Iris doesn't dislike humans! There's much less reason to dislike them if she'll be working together with them- let alone playing together with them.

It's more akin to how a human might regard a chimp- thinking of them as small an' cute an' cuddly, and perhaps forgetting that they're tough little primates that can pop your limbs right from their sockets.

It's similar for Iris; she often regards humans with a grandmother's fondness for being half her size, speaking to them with endearing words and, often enough, petting them. She doesn't run around saying "puny hoomanz!" or anything like that. When it comes to an evil-doer sort that Iris hasn't actually encountered, it still plays into things, along the lines of, "Oh, my! Is this little one causing a fuss, then?"

"Low regard" probably wasn't the best choice of words, was it? Hope this clarifies! pirat

OurLilSecret

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:53 pm

OurLilSecret wrote: Hope this clarifies! pirat

Sure does, thanks!

Hit me up for RP when there is a chance, so we can get the ball rolling. Smile
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Denzaiver Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 am

She sounds quite interesting, I look forward to meeting her, feel free to look up @guydandy for any OOC questions or IC roleplay.
Denzaiver
Denzaiver

Back to top Go down

Post  OurLilSecret Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:50 am

Well thanks, Denzaiver! I'll keep it in mind.

As it is, I'm gonna try and get at you tomorrow on Friday, Lilith. I've been run ragged today, and my magic 8-ball says "busy" for the day after. Rolling Eyes

OurLilSecret

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:48 am

Approved!

Welcome to the House.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content