House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Araneae

3 posters

Go down

Application: Araneae Empty Application: Araneae

Post  Nitroxin Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:19 am

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Aranaea
@Nitroxin

Your Characters Gender:
Male

Your Characters Age:
Unknown - Has never counted his own age

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
14/10/1992 (20)

Your Characters Species:
Fae - Spider-Born

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
I've been RPing for around seven years now, all starting on forums for carious fandoms such as Sonic and Pokemon. It then transfered over into Ragnarok Online which I played and roleplayed on for around two or three years. From that, I transitioned into a myriad of other games and platforms, nearly always other forums. I've probably been RPIng on Champions now for around two years, since it first went Free to Play.

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
From word of mouth, and also seeing various acquantances and friends be in the SG got me curious enough to take a look into it.

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
The interesting premise and concept behind it, and the fact that it seems to be the only active, alive group of its kind that appeals to certain characters of mine.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
I've been a long time writer as a hobby for quite a while now, and are always interested in weaving new stories and concepts. I've been known to have a bit of alt-itis here and there, but I always nearly have unique ideas to bring to the table.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
One of Aran's biggest flaws and strength is his undevoted commitment to a person or cause. He was basically created to be the servant and warrior of a patronage, and is vigilant in his duties. Stoic, bloodthirsty and efficient.

One of his other flaws would be his cold and distant personality to everyone, even his superiors. Often incorrectly thought to just be emotionless, he views strength and actions to be better indications of a person's will then words. He will often just stand guard by a single spot as the group converses, only speaking when spoken too.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
Most likely as either an assassin for the house members, or as a guardian/bodyguard since both were his posts back in Faerie.

----

What times do you play?:
I'm in GMT timezone ( London, Etc ) And often play during six up until whenever I decide to sleep, which ranges from around 12 to six.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
I play most weekdays and can be definetly found on the weekend.

Cake or Pie?:
Cake. Because Banana Cake is the only cake.

Thanks for taking time to fill this in!

Nitroxin

Back to top Go down

Application: Araneae Empty Re: Application: Araneae

Post  Lilith Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:38 am

Hey, there, Nitroxin. Thanks for the application.

Please also read this thread.

A couple of points on your application.

We need a general idea of your character's age or human/earth equivalent. Due to the nature of the SG and our roleplay, all players and characters must be 18+.

You also mention serving as an assassin for the House. Let me be clear, we are recognized heroic SG. We do not play anti-heroes or villains. We also do not accept characters that currently engage in the willful commission of crimes.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Satyxes Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Hello Nitro,

Thanks for the App.
Feel free to poke me for some RP, as I'm also in the GMT timezone !
Looks like an interesting character, but indeed in danger of straying to the darker sides of RP while we are pretty much all 'white guys'.
Satyxes
Satyxes

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitroxin Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Ah, alright. Thankes for the replies and sorry for the goofs then. Aranaea was basically the offspring of the Spider Goddess in Faerie, and ended up being more or less a slave for the higher lords, often used for infilitration and information gathering. He'd basically do whatever he was tasked too do in the House, and he has no real 'moral compass' so working for the good guys is something he can do without straying over.

The character would definetly be over eighteen physically and mentally, more then likely a good few hundred years or so due to Faerie's time being warped compared to Earth's.

Nitroxin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:03 am

Nitroxin wrote:... he has no real 'moral compass' so working for the good guys is something he can do without straying over.

This is also not good. I am sorry, but characters with no moral compass are also not admitted. I am not going to make you redo your own character, but as of now, this is heading into the territory of having the application denied unless we can come to a better understanding.

Again, we do not take villains, anti-heroes or those who willfully commit crimes. We are also big on Will and self-reliance. We'd not want someone who was unaware of the basic concepts of right and wrong and merely acting as a slave or creature lacking free will.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitroxin Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 pm

I guess I did a poor job of explaining his intentions and goals, then. Allow me too try one more time.

Since he was born in Faerie, the ideas of 'good' and 'bad' did not necessarily exist in that sort of landscape. Yes, there were good and bad people, but the line was a lot blurrier. Aran /is/ capable of good deeds, and does actually pay attention to the law and the way things work now that he lives on Earth. He doesn't murder people or take on contracts mindlessly. I hope that works a bit better in understanding the mindset.

He does also have his own will. His own thoughts, wants and goals. He is a living, breathing person afterall. For example, if he was told to do something he did not agree with, he would bring it up with the person who requested it instead of merely going forth. I think the best way too understand the character would be too RP with him a bit, but I'd leave that too your transgression.

If you want, you can also always PM me in-game for more questions or if you need me too try and explain in a different manner. I realise I'm not the best at describing certain facets.

Nitroxin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down